Detailed Guide to Set Up Wavlink AC1200 Router
Wavlink AC1200 router is the ultimate device when it comes to internet-related problems as it never fails to remove the dead zones from your home. Moreover, setting up a Wavlink AC1200 can help extend your WiFi coverage and improve signal strength in areas with weak or no WiFi connectivity. If you want to perform Wavlink WiFi router setup in your home, then you are at the right spot. Here, we will walk you through the detailed guide to set up the Wavlink AC1200 router. Keep reading!
Before you perform the Wavlink router configuration steps, we would like to tell you about the important requirements of the process that you will need.
Important Requirements of Wavlink AC1200 Router
- Working wall outlet.
- An active and stable internet connection from the internet service provider or host router.
- Quality Ethernet to connect the devices.
- A device like a computer, laptop, or tab.
- Updated internet browser.
- Default web and IP address.
- The default username and password.
These were the requirements that you need. Once you have all the things ready, you can proceed further.
Instructions for Wavlink AC1200 Router Setup
For Wavlink AC1200 router setup, here’s a rundown of all the necessary steps that you need to follow. Make sure you perform all the steps accordingly without missing any of them.
Step 1: Placement
Choose a location for your Wavlink AC1200 router where the signal from your existing WiFi modem is still strong but not too far away. This will ensure that the router can get the existing WiFi signal.
Step 2: Connect Wavlink Router to Router
- Take an Ethernet cable that is provided.
- Insert one end of the cable into the router and another into the modem Ethernet port.
- Do not make a loose connection otherwise, you may face network issues.
Step 3: Power On the Wavlink AC1200
- Plug the router into the working wall outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the device.
- Wait for some time until the device blinks light.
- After booting up the device, you can perform the next step.
Step 4: Connect the Computer to Router Network
- On your computer, smartphone, or tablet, go to the list of available WiFi networks and look for a network with a name starting with “Wavlink.”
- The network name may look like “Wavlink-XXXX”.
Step 5: Open Internet Browser
- Now, launch the internet browser.
- The browser should be running on its updated version.
- You can use any one of these browsers, Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, or Bing.
Step 6: Access Default Address
- In the address bar, type in the default IP address of the Wavlink AC1200 router.
- The default IP address is typically “192.168.10.1,” but it can vary.
Note: We refer you to the user manual or the label on the back of the device for the correct IP address.
- Press the Enter key to access the Wavlink router login page.
Step 7: Log in to Router
- On the Wavlink router login page, you will be prompted to enter the username and password.
- Fill in the default username and password with the help of the user manual.
- Keep the Caps Lock key of the keyboard off while typing the details.
- Click on the Login button.
Step 8: Configure Wavlink Router
- Once you’ve logged in, you will see the router’s web-based configuration interface.
- Look for the “Wizard” which will guide you through the configuration process.
- Click on it to start the setup wizard.
- The setup wizard will search for available WiFi networks.
- Select your existing WiFi network from the list.
- Enter the WiFi password for your existing network.
- Now click on SAVE and Apply.
Congratulations! You successfully performed Wavlink AC1200 router setup via a web interface. Now, you will get blazing-fast internet speed throughout the house and will able to enjoy high-definition video and games without lagging.
Now, you know the requirements of the Wavlink AC1200 router setup and the effective steps that you need to perform to complete the installation.